MAC Cosmetic’s Senior Artist for Australia and New Zealand Nicole Thompson shares her tips for beautiful makeup application…
- When applying lipstick, start at the bow of the lip, then drag the colour down. This is easier for most people than starting at the corner of the mouth.
- When applying highlighter below the arch of the brow, take it slightly through the brow for a softer, more blended finish.
- The bigger the brush, the less product so if you want a soft eye shadow finish, use a medium sized fluffy brush to apply shadow.
- Apply bronzer where the sun would naturally hit – continue it across the cheeks and the bridge of the nose for a natural flush.
- For a more natural look with false lashes, pick ones with a clear film at the bottom.
- Haute and Naughty Lash has a brush for the top lashes and a separate brush for the bottom lashes. When applying mascara, close the eye and apply to the back of the lashes, then underneath and then a second underneath coat wiggling to separate.
- Groundwork Paint Pot is a beautifully subtle brown shade in a long lasting cream formula for the eyes. Shade it through the crease of the eyelid with a medium sized brush for a light finish. It can also be applied to the skin as a matte, lightly tinted cheek bronzer.